Running an efficient IT service in a large corporation needs keeping up with the latest technology and advances. However, one cannot achieve this simply by having a team of tech-savvy and motivated employees in place. Moreover, it would require the most advanced IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions. In terms of incident management and data security, this would help avoid and solve any problems.
There is a pre-eminent framework for a set of consistent and well-defined processes, including the best practices for digital and IT operations, that is ITIL. IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is the most systematic approach to IT service management that arose in the 1980s. It has become one of the famously used processes in the IT ecosystem for large and small businesses alike.
For those who have their careers set on becoming ITIL certified, here is an in-depth guide to help you comprehend all of the career advantages. The ITIL 4 Foundation certification can lead to employment with a wide range of prestigious companies.
First, know ITIL evolution:
The renowned UK’s Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency (CCTA) first established ITIL as a collection of best practices for delivering IT services. An amalgamation of the most significant IT techniques from various sources has been streamlined to meet the needs of today’s business world.
Why is ITIL Popular?
Employers favor ITIL because of the added value that ITIL-certified individuals can provide to a company. It’s a popular choice among IT workers due to its widespread acceptability in the job market.
ITIL may help an organization streamline its IT service operations and bring a higher level of professionalism. This approach can help a company cut costs, increase customer happiness, speed up turnaround, boost productivity, improve third-party delivery, reduce risk, and even help with troubleshooting, to mention just a few benefits. Any organization looking to strengthen its IT infrastructure would profit significantly from hiring ITIL-certified personnel.
Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/
Is ITIL certification a good choice for you?
ITIL is a widely recognized framework that specifies the procedures, activities, and checklists that are virtually universally applicable. Today, IT professionals have highly sought after. ITIL professionals have a wide range of benefits, some of which are outlined below:
- At the foundational level, you can expect a salary increase of 10-12 percent; at the practitioner level, an increase of 15-18 percent; and at the expert level, an increase of 20-25 percent.
- Improves your ability to manage and apply ITIL across the majority of IT infrastructures
- ITIL certifications are in high demand because they are continually being updated, so they will always be helpful in the workplace
- Your participation in ongoing service improvement and new ideas for improving services is made possible by this program.
- It is better to control the project’s expenses and risks and find lasting solutions to complicated problems with an ITIL certification.
- It’s an excellent opportunity to work with the best firms in India, such as Accenture, Aircel, Genpact, Nokia, and Wipro.
ITIL certification – Career growth benefits
ITIL certification will help you understand the framework and learn how to improve IT service management. Suppose your company has implemented the ITIL framework. In that case, this certification will help you become a more valuable asset to your employer.
As soon as you understand ITIL concepts, you’ll feel more confident in your IT work. In this course, you will learn about ITIL implementation and the concepts that guide it, allowing you to quickly become productive in an ITIL environment. As a result of your ITIL understanding, your organization and your colleagues will regard you as trustworthy. You will benefit from this knowledge in both your current and long-term career development.
A certification in ITIL can help you advance your profession and earn more money. Firstly, with this best practice methodology, you can optimize service both daily and long term. Secondly, ITIL is a flexible framework that may serve a wide range of industries. In other words, you can put your skills to use in a wide range of employment paths.
Let’s check a few more reasons why obtaining the ITIL Foundation certification is essential for advancing your career.
- Develop new skills and move your career ahead: Those already knowledgeable and enthusiastic about technology can learn the fundamental concepts, theories, and principles of IT Service Management through the ITIL foundation. Having a solid foundation helps students graduate to more advanced certifications, such as intermediate and advanced-level certificates. As a starting point, the ITIL Foundation certification serves as a good foundation in IT service management.
- Leverage customer satisfaction: Experts may gradually reduce expenses and incidents in their organizations using the ITIL framework. Customer happiness is the primary goal of ITIL 4. A transition from the company to the client has occurred during the last few decades. ITIL certifications and practices increasingly emphasize customer satisfaction as a fundamental principle.
- Better service delivery: ITIL ensures a higher level of IT service functionality. Taking ITIL certification training and passing the exam could help you improve your organization’s efficiency, leading to tremendous success and growth.
- Keep up with current trends: There are many reasons this certification has been so successful, and one of them is that ITIL certifications have remained valuable over time. They have remained top-paying certifications because of their constant upgrading to keep up with market changes. The framework has progressed and retained its value in the IT spectrum, first with ITIL v3 in 2011 and ITIL 4.
Finally, suppose your professional goals include long-term advancement within a company. In that case, the ITIL Foundation can help you get there while earning a solid salary and pursuing your passion for technology. ITIL certification is a great approach to get started and ensure that the organization’s growth will be effective. If you’re committed to your ITIL journey, you’ll stand out from the rest. Taking an ITIL certification course is a wise investment because it will help you climb the job ladder and increase your earning potential. You may go a long way in your organization if you stick to the ITIL framework and keep using it.