An acronym for Certified Scrum Product Owner®, the CSPO® is a certification granted by Scrum Alliance that acknowledges your commitment to the world of Scrum, enhancing your skills as a Product Owner on a Scrum team. The CSPO will give you the ability to take on the role of the PO; collaborate with stakeholders, customers, and the team; manage the backlog of products; and, find proactive ways to maximize the value of your business.
Here is all you need to know before signing up for CSPO training.
Advantages of CSPOⓇ Certification
- During the course, you will learn about core Scrum knowledge and skills, which will help you to guide agile teams effectively on the product vision.
- You will also learn how to act as a bridge between the ScrumMaster, team, and stakeholders.
- The CSPO® credential will expand your career opportunities across industries that have adopted Agile.
- You can demonstrate your proficiency not just in Scrum principles, but also in the role and responsibilities of a successful PO
- The Scrum Alliance gives you access to local groups and local networks and you will be able to interact with like-minded professionals to share experiences, broaden your horizons, and gain comprehensive Agile knowledge.
- Salary for a Certified Scrum Product Owner® is likely to be higher than that of their non-certified peers.
- Obtaining this certification can pave the way for advanced certifications, such as the A-CSPO and CSP-PO from Scrum Alliance®. These higher-level certifications can make you more employable as well as drive value for your organization.
What Do You Need To Know About CSPO® Certification?
Learning the CSPO® Learning Objectives and getting certified requires you to attend 14-16 hours of training with a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®). This course combines theory and experiential learning in a way that helps you to grasp all the principles and processes of Scrum, and to gain an understanding of the CSPO® role and responsibilities.
Obtaining your CSPO® certificate is easy after you’ve successfully completed the course:
- Visit the Scrum Alliance website
- Log in using your login credentials from the “Welcome CSPO®” email.
- Click the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ button on the Marketing opt-in question.
- You will get your Scrum Alliance certificate once you have accepted the CSPO® License Agreement.
How Is A CSPO® Certificate Going To Benefit You?
If you are wondering if the CSPO® certification is worth it, the following is an overview of some of the benefits:
- The CSPO® certification focuses on managing a group of people, providing information, and facilitating of completion of projects. Therefore, it is in high demand.
- With CSPO® certification, an individual can not only control tasks over sprints but also see the big picture through tools such as breakdown analysis.
- CSPO® certification is universally accepted, and it has proven to be highly valuable across different industries, including many industries within the pharmaceutical industry.
- By gaining certification, certified professionals will get a raise and a better job position.
- By becoming familiar with the Scrum framework and understanding the inner workings of a company, professionals with the CSPO® certification significantly increase the value of their credentials.
Certification as a CSPO® is a globally recognized badge that distinguishes professionals from others in an organization who handle similar tasks. As experts in providing a vision, managing time, resources, and product features, as well as talking to stakeholders, certified professionals are highly valuable to an organization.